Ümit Özdağ, a member of the Good Party Istanbul Deputy, evaluated the plane crash in Sabiha Gökçen, which occurred last week at the press conference in TBMM, where 3 people died.
Ümit Özdağ reacted to the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Cahit Turhan regarding the accident with the allegation that necessary measures were not taken.
Özdağ used the following statements:
* First of all, since the Ministry of Transport has been managed with an unprofessional management approach since the beginning of the AKP government, it has been brought to the agenda more frequently with both TCDD and these plane accidents.
* Transportation sector is not child’s play. People’s lives are in question. Some of them say that my aunt’s son and my uncle’s son-in-law find a job, people are left in their hands.
For the statement of Transport Minister Turhan made on the runway tired the day before the accident, Özdağ said:
* The Minister of Transport presented a concept called “runway fatigue” for the runway where the accident took place at Sabiha Gökçen Airport on the morning of the accident. First of all, let’s state that this concept is not a technical concept and is not used in aviation. We accept that the Minister of Transport wants to say that the runway is in need of maintenance. This is how we accept it, but in what sense did the Minister of Transport say “the runway is tired”, he should make it public.
* The question that the Turkish public is curious about is the answer: If the runway is tired, then the 2nd runway, whose tender was held in 2014 and the end date is 2018, is not finished.
* I would like to raise the following question to the Minister of Transport, publicly, through members of the press; Are you trying to direct passengers to the new airport by not finishing this runway and explaining “runway fatigue”?
* Is it true that the firms that built and managed the Istanbul Airport received the tender for the runway that was put out to tender?
* Experts say that this track can be completed in 2 years. In other words, the tender in 2014 should be finished in 2016 and hence it should be used now. At that time, the runway would not be so tired with the statement of the Minister of Transport.
* It should be explained what kind of complications the current runway caused due to this fatigue and even if it is one of the reasons affecting this accident. In other words, the Minister wanted to say “does it cause an accident”? If so, can it lead to other accidents? ”
* On the other hand, another question to be asked is why the people working at the tower at Sabiha Gökçen airport – despite this very strong wind warned by the experts – directed the aircraft numbered TC2 IZK to runway 06 before the flight. Why did not they strongly warn pilots about wetness?
* Who provides the training of those working in the tower? Who conducts their audits at DHMİ and what is the merit of the inspectors? Are people from a relative quota? Is the training and psychological state of the tower elements in Sabiha Gökçen regularly checked? When was it last audited? ”
* In summary, it pays for citizens to solve the problems experienced in the field of civil aviation with the heart of the citizens. This last accident requires a thorough investigation. ”