The statement said, “The building in Bahçelievler Siyavuşpaşa Mahallesi Emek Caddesi No: 9 was built in 1991”.
Following the 5.8 magnitude earthquake that occurred in Silivri offshore on September 26, the following information was given:
* In accordance with the notifications from our citizens, our technical teams determined the risk to control the building in question on 14 October 2019, and notified the building residents to take the core sample, and core samples were taken by a licensed company on 25 November 2019 and the building was found to be risky in the examinations.
* On December 27, 2019, the building was completely evacuated by Bahçelievler Municipality and sent to the relevant institutions in an official letter to disconnect electricity, water and natural gas.
* While the process regarding the demolition process is continuing, the relevant institutions have cut off their electricity, water and natural gas connections.
* It is pleasing that the building is empty. The destroyed building caused partial material damage to the building next to it.
* AFAD, Bahçelievler Search and Rescue Union and Fire Department continue to work on whether we have any citizens under the building wreck.
* A total of 5 buildings around the destroyed building were evacuated for precautionary purposes. DHA